Thursday, January 31, 2013

Governor's Club Residence, Brentwood, Tennessee


I was invited over to a house that I designed several years ago in a golf club development called The Governor's Club. The new owners were very gracious to let me tour, re-aquaint myself with the plan, and take a few photographs. This was a very difficult hillside lot on a pie-shaped lot at the end of a cul-de-sac. I remember the review architect at the development saying that he thought the layout was among the most site-sensitive that he had seen- later, the same person referred to another design that I did as a "sow's ear" or something like that! One of my favorite rooms is a "music/reading" room that has a wavy wall and an inglenook fireplace. Anyway, here are a few photos. By the way, the contractor was Will Forte and he did a great job and was great to work with as well. This is his website: http://fortebuilding.com/






























No comments:

Post a Comment