Monday, July 18, 2011

"Contemporary" House in Forest Hills, Davidson County Tennessee













It's a bit strange to think of a house design that you did, and realize it's around 15 years old! At the time this house was just about complete, a local architect here in Nashville walked through and said something to the effect of "Savor this opportunity. You may never get a chance to do something like this again". I think he meant this in a complementary way- and I took it that way- but now that I look back, I realize he was more right than I would have expected at the time. I've had great opportunities to do nice things, but rarely have I had clients with the vision, resources and time to do this kind of project. There are a few things I would change if I had the chance now- and this house was definitely a product of its time (and my lack of experience), but I still like it and enjoy looking at the photos and plans from time to time. Back then I was with Edwards + Hotchkiss Architects, and received lots of help from  Keith Covington and others. Interior design was by Laret Casella- then with the Anderson Design Studio. Good photography was done by Shannon Fontaine and Donna Yancey, bad photography by me!

1 comment:

  1. This makes me proud to say I was a student of both Kevin Coffey and Don Burke. If I were a client of yours I would have the vision but lack the resources. By the way we love the Parthenon Restaurant in Murfreesboro. The Rockvale Art Gallery may have the oportunity to display some abstract art at the Parthenon in the near future. Paula Francis

    ReplyDelete