Thursday, January 28, 2010

Julius Shulman : Visual Acoustics

My good friends John and Elizabeth took me to see Visual Acoustics last night at the Belcourt Cinema here in Nashville- and I'm very glad that they did. I highly recommend it- not just to architects, designers and photographers- but to those who love them as well. The showing was extended here in Nashville until February 1st ( call for local listings: "Why don't you just tell me which movie you'd like to see...") and is well worth tracking down in your town. I'm pretty sure I'm going to purchase this when given the chance- and I will hopefully show it as part of my "Vocabulary of Architecture" class that I'm going to be teaching next semester at the O'More College of Design.

8 comments:

  1. I just LOVED this film! :)So glad you could go with us! E

    ReplyDelete
  2. don great site and"insight"yall have.call me ,my parents are selling home on ono island,to veiw go to mmartin@gulftel.com mls#138037 the want to build at "lonesome valley n.c. another family gathering place

    ReplyDelete
  3. its mikell frechette ,sorry about that...anyway,i cant think of a better architect that i could collaberate with than you, and would really like to get in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mikell, your impossible to find! Are you part of the witness protection program or something?
    Please send me some contact info so we can talk.
    Don

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. don my emai is mikellandnan@gmail.com my stores site -melanies at san roc caye and m2 at the wharf orange beach al .building cabin in mentone al. need your help!!!great to hear from you.mikell

      Delete
    2. also what do you think about lonesome valley? mom wants macalpinetankersley to do it... you need too!!! email me mikell

      Delete
  5. Great movie although I could have lingered over some of those homes a lot longer. I dream of living in one of those houses - can you guys make me one?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jeanne Anne, of course we can. I can't give you the ridge overlooking LA though!

    ReplyDelete